These Chocolate Chip Cookies are a fabulous gluten-free, vegan, low FODMAP treat. Super easy to make, they can be ready in less than 30 minutes. I’m a big fan of these Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are wonderfully delicious and indulgent but not too sweet! Fabulous with a good cup of tea…
Allergy Information – Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies are gluten-free and vegan as well as… low FODMAP, celery free, coconut free, garlic free, lupin free, mustard free, nightshade free, onion free, peanut free, sesame free, soya free*.
*For soya free, check the ingredients of the chocolate chips to ensure soya free.
Gluten-free oats, flours, plant milk and seeds are some of my core store cupboard essentials. I cook and bake with them regularly. They are super versatile and delicious ingredients. I would be lost without them! Find out what else is on my regular shopping list with my FREE Store Cupboard Essentials Cheat Sheet. Get it now! Just click the button below, sign-up and download.
Top Tips – Chocolate Chip Cookies
Slightly squash the surface of the uncooked cookies to make the surface level.
Recipe – Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serves makes around 18 cookies
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 15-18 minutes
Ingredients – Chocolate Chip Cookies
90 grams gluten-free oats
250 grams gluten-free, plain flour
100 grams sugar
2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
2 tablespoons corn flour
1 teaspoon gluten-free, vegan baking powder
0.5 teaspoon sea salt flakes
120 grams gluten-free, vegan dark chocolate chips
200 millilitres non-dairy milk
3 tablespoons rapeseed oil (or any other unflavoured oil)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Method – Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C (fan). Grease two flat baking sheets
2. Place the ground flax seeds in a small bowl and add four tablespoons of warm water. Mix well
3. Place the all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl (hold back a few chocolate chips to decorate the cookies)
4. Mix the non-dairy milk, rapeseed oil, vanilla extract and flax seed mixture in a jug. Pour over the dry ingredients. Mix really well. Make sure the mixture is well mixed and there are no dry bits
5. Place one tablespoon of the mixture on the baking tray for each cookie. Space the cookies evenly, they will spread a little. You should be able to get nine cookies on each baking sheet
6. Add a few chocolate chips to the surface of the cookies and place the cookies in the oven for 15-18 minutes. Swap shelves and turn the baking sheets around half way through cooking to make sure they cook evenly
7. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool
8. Serve!!! With a cup of coffee (or tea!).