I love shortbread! So quick and simple to make and it tastes fantastic too. Sweet, crumbly and melt in the mouth. It reminds me of being a kid and thinking it’s just a biscuit, it’s not chocolate, I don’t think I’ll like it. But I did, I loved it. And this is just like it.
You can make this round or square and cut to whatever size of shape you like. I like fingers.
Serves makes around sixteen biscuits
Preparation and cooking time 25 minutes
200 grams gluten free plain flour blend
135 grams vegan margarine
55 grams sugar (plus a little extra for sprinkling on top)
1. Preheat the oven to 190 C (fan). Grease and line a baking tin of your choice
2. Put the gluten free flour, margarine and sugar in to a blender and pulse until the mixture starts to come together as a dough
3. Press the dough in to the baking tin. Make sure it is flat and evenly spread. Mark the biscuits in to fingers with a sharp knife whilst in the tin before cooking. Sprinkle with a little sugar
4. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until pale golden brown
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little in the tin and with a sharp knife cut the slices. Leave in the tin until completely cool and carefully remove from tin – they are very fragile
6. Store in an air tight container.