I love shortbread! Gluten Free Vegan Shortbread is so quick and simple to make. And it tastes fantastic too. Sweet, crumbly and melt in the mouth. It reminds me of being a kid and thinking it’s just a biscuit, it’s not chocolate, I don’t think I’ll like it. But I did, I loved it. And this is just like it.
Allergy Information – Gluten Free Vegan Shortbread
Gluten Free, Vegan Shortbread is gluten-free and vegan as well as… celery free, coconut free, garlic free, lupin free, mustard free, nightshade free, onion free, peanut free, sesame free, soya free, tree nut free.
Top Tips – Gluten Free Vegan Shortbread
You can make this round or square and cut to whatever size of shape you like. I like fingers.
Don’t be tempted to bake this for too long. It will not change colour much so don’t be tempted to leave it in the oven to brown.
Recipe – Gluten Free Vegan Shortbread
Serves make around 16 biscuits
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
Ingredients – Gluten Free Vegan Shortbread
200 grams gluten free plain flour blend
135 grams vegan margarine
55 grams sugar (plus a little extra for sprinkling on top)
Method – Gluten Free Vegan Shortbread
1. Preheat the oven to 190 C (fan). Grease and line a baking tin of your choice
2. Put the gluten free flour, margarine and sugar in to a blender and pulse until the mixture starts to come together as a dough
3. Press the dough in to the baking tin. Make sure it is flat and evenly spread. Mark the biscuits in to fingers with a sharp knife whilst in the tin before cooking. Sprinkle with a little sugar
4. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until pale golden brown
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little in the tin and with a sharp knife cut the slices. Leave in the tin until completely cool and carefully remove from tin – they are very fragile
6. Store in an air tight container.