What can I say about Peanut Butter and Chocolate Crispie Protein Bars? Other than they are AMAZING. Totally gluten-free and vegan, they are perfect to take with you on a hike, long run, long day out or long journey when you need something to keep to you going. They are super light so you won’t even know you are carrying them!
Easy to make and no baking! I LOVE these bars!!!
Allergy Information – Peanut Butter and Chocolate Crispie Protein Bars
Peanut Butter And Chocolate Crispie Protein Bars are gluten-free and vegan as well as… celery free, coconut free, garlic free, lupin free, mustard free, nightshade free, onion free, soya free.
Top Tips – Peanut Butter and Chocolate Crispie Protein Bars
Use unsweetened everything; puffed rice (just puffed rice!), peanut butter. These unsweetened versions are readily available in most health food stores and many supermarkets.
You can use any combination of ground chia, flax or hemp seeds. Most stores sell a good value mix.
If you don’t have a microwave you can heat the golden syrup and peanut butter mixture (and chocolate) in a small pan on the hob.
Rice (in all its forms!), dried fruit, seeds and nuts are some of my core store cupboard essentials. I eat them all several times a week. They are super versatile and delicious ingredients. I would be lost without them! Find out what else is on my regular shopping list with my FREE Store Cupboard Essentials Cheat Sheet. Get it now! Just click the button below, sign-up and download.
Recipe – Peanut Butter and Chocolate Crispie Protein Bars
Serves makes 16 good size squares
Preparation time 20 minutes (excludes setting time)
Cooking time 0 minutes
Ingredients – Peanut Butter and Chocolate Crispie Protein Bars
120 grams puffed rice cereal (unsweetened)
80 grams flaked almonds
25 grams toasted sunflower seeds
25 grams toasted sesame seeds
2 tablespoons ground chia seed mix
80 grams vegan chocolate
40 grams pitted dates
180 grams golden syrup
140 grams unsweetened, crunchy, peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Method – Peanut Butter and Chocolate Crispie Protein Bars
1. Lightly grease a square, loose bottomed cake/ baking tin (approximately 20 centimetre square) and set aside
2. Take a large mixing bowl and add the puffed rice. Roughly chop half of the chocolate and add to the puffed rice. Add half of the flaked almonds to the mixing bowl. Mix well
3. Chop the dates and place in a jug with the golden syrup and peanut butter. Gently heat in the microwave for approximately 90 seconds on 600 watts (in 30 second bursts – every microwave is different!). The mixture should be just bubbling
4. Roughly chop the sunflower seeds and add to the golden syrup and peanut butter mixture with the sesame seeds, ground chia seed mix and vanilla extract. Mix well
5. Pour the golden syrup and peanut butter mixture over the puffed rice mix and mix well. Keep on mixing until the mixture is well combined. It might seem a little dry but keep going!!! Using a large spoon place the mixture into the greased baking tin and press well. Use the back of a spoon to get a flat, level surface
6. Melt the remaining half of chocolate gently in the microwave. Scatter the remaining half of flaked almonds over the surface of the Peanut Butter And Chocolate Crispie Protein Bars and drizzle with the melted chocolate
7. Place the Peanut Butter And Chocolate Crispie Protein Bars in the fridge to set before removing from the tin and cutting into square with a sharp knife.