Endive Salad with Pears and Almonds is a pretty sophisticated salad that makes me feel like a grown-up. Endive (or chicory) is a little bitter but, like so many bitter tasting foods, really addictive. The bitterness of the chicory works so well with the sweetness of the cos, pear and almond and the textures all work so well together. Do not be afraid of the bitterness combined with the sweetness of the pears and almonds it is a wonderful salad.
Endive Salad with Pears and Almonds is super quick and easy to make.
Endive Salad with Pears and Almonds is perfect for lunch, light dinner or as a starter for a special meal. Serve with Watercress Soup for a substantial lunch.
Allergy Information – Endive Salad with Pears and Almonds
Endive Salad with Pears and Almonds is gluten-free and vegan as well as… celery free, coconut free, garlic free, lupin free, nightshade free, onion free, peanut free, sesame free, soya free, tree nut free.
Top Tips – Endive Salad with Pears and Almonds
Endive is also known as chicory it is crunchy and slightly bitter and great in salads as it does not wilt with the dressing. You can get endive/ chicory in most supermarkets and local markets.
Recipe – Endive Salad with Pears and Almonds
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 0 minutes
Ingredients – Endive Salad with Pears and Almonds
2 endive/ chicory
1 small cos/ romaine lettuce
1 large firm, ripe conference pear
30 grams toasted slivered almonds
Ingredients – Endive Salad with Pears and Almonds – Dressing
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
6 tablespoons rapeseed oil
0.5 teaspoon sea salt flakes
0.5 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Method – Endive Salad with Pears and Almonds
1. Clean the endive and pull apart in to individual leaves. Add to a shallow serving bowl
2. Tear the cos lettuce into bite-sized pieces and mix with the endive
3. Slice the pear lengthways and remove the core. Thinly slice the pear lengthways and scatter over the lettuce and endive. Sprinkle the toasted, slivered almonds over the pear
4. In a jar (with a well fitting lid) place the cider vinegar and Dijon mustard. Put the lid on the jar and shake really well. Allow to stand for a few minutes. Add the rapeseed oil, sea salt and black pepper and shake again until well mixed
5. To serve, shake the vinaigrette and dress the salad.