I could eat gluten-free, vegan Tofu, Radish And White Miso Summer Rolls all day. These light and refreshing rolls of goodness are fabulous for summer al-fresco dining. Super easy and super quick – they can be ready in no time!
I adore Tofu, Radish And White Miso Summer Rolls as a fab starter, side or main. If you’re looking for something to serve them with, these summer rolls go so well with Sesame Noodles with Shitake Mushrooms and Pak Choi.
Allergy Information – Tofu, Radish And White Miso Summer Rolls
Tofu, Radish And White Miso Summer Rolls are gluten-free and vegan as well as… low FODMAP, celery free, coconut free, garlic free, lupin free, mustard free, nightshade free*, onion free, sesame free**, tree nut free.
*For nightshade free leave out the chilli (or replace with a pinch of white pepper).
**For sesame free leave out the sesame seeds.
Top Tips – Tofu, Radish And White Miso Summer Rolls
Rice paper wrappers are available from Oriental supermarkets (super cheap) and online. They are made from 100% rice and great value for money. To use them they are soaked in luke-warm water for seconds and they become pliable.
Choose a lettuce that rolls and is delicate flavoured like a round lettuce. (Rather than iceberg which is crunchy).
I LOVE radishes and the stronger the flavour the better. Look out for strongly flavoured radishes for this dish.
Don’t worry if the tofu breaks when putting the roll together – it really doesn’t matter, you don’t see the inside of the roll!
Recipe – Tofu, Radish And White Miso Summer Rolls
Serves 4-8 makes eight summer rolls
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 0 minutes
Ingredients – Tofu, Radish And White Miso Summer Rolls
1 round lettuce (or a lettuce with leaves that roll)
1 medium carrot
150 grams radishes
350 grams firm/ extra firm tofu
15 grams coriander – finely chopped
0.5 tablespoon white miso paste
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds** (leave out for sesame free)
0.5 red chilli finely chopped* (leave out for nightshade free – or replace with a pinch of white pepper)
1.5 tablespoon rice vinegar
Zest and juice of 1 lime
2.5 tablespoon tamari
8 rice paper wrappers
Ingredients – Tofu, Radish And White Miso Summer Rolls Dipping Sauce
4 tablespoons white miso paste
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 tablespoon tamari
1 teaspoon sesame oil** (leave out for sesame free)
0.5 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
Zest and juice of 1 lime
0.25 teaspoon chilli flakes* (leave out for nightshade free – or replace with a pinch of white pepper)
Method – Tofu, Radish And White Miso Summer Rolls
1. Clean the lettuce and separate the leaves
2. Peel and grate the carrot, clean and grate the radishes and place in a small bowl. Add the finely chopped coriander and one tablespoon of tamari. Mix together really well and set aside for a few minutes
3. Drain the tofu and pat dry. Cut into eight long, thin pieces around 1 centimetre wide and deep. Pat dry again. Place the rice vinegar, white miso, zest and juice of the lime, remaining tamari, sesame seeds and chilli to the bowl. Mix really well. Add the tofu strips and coat the tofu with the mixture
4. To make the dipping sauce mix all the ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well to get a smooth sauce
5. Drain the carrot and radish salad and gently squeeze out most of the liquid. Set aside
6. To assemble to rolls (check the instructions of the rice paper packet), soak each wrapper in luke-warm water for just a few seconds, lay flat on a plate or board, place one (or two depending on the size) lettuce leaves in the centre of the rice paper (so it covers most of the rice paper) and add a strip of tofu and two tablespoons of the salad to each wrapper. Fold in the sides over the ends of the tofu, fold up the bottom over the length of the tofu and roll tightly. It might take a few attempts to get this perfect!
7. Cut each summer roll in half and serve with the dipping sauce.