This gluten-free, vegan Warm Pear Salad is great as a starter at a dinner party or as a light lunch. The use of walnut oil in the vinaigrette adds a lovely depth of flavour that marries the walnuts and pears together. It is a filling seasonal, warming winter salad.
Warm Pear Salad workd so well with many things including Cranberry and Pumpkin Chutney.
Allergy Information – Warm Pear Salad
Warm Pear Salad is gluten-free and vegan as well as… celery free, coconut free, garlic free, lupin free, nightshade free, onion free, peanut free, sesame free, soya free.
Top Tips – Warm Pear Salad
This is a great salad to use up the last of the pears from the autumn glut. You could use watercress instead of the spinach or rocket to add a lovely peppery taste.
Recipe – Warm Pear Salad
Preparation time 10 mins
Cooking time 10 mins
Ingredients – Warm Pear Salad
1.5 tablespoons walnut oil
1.5 tablespoons olive oil
0.5 teaspoons mustard powder
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
40 grams walnuts
3 firm pears (peeled, cored and cut into length-ways in to quarters)
1 tablespoon olive oil
60 grams rocket
60 grams spinach
0.5 teaspoon sea salt
0.5 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Method – Warm Pear Salad
1. Put the walnut oil, olive oil, mustard powder, white wine vinegar and salt and pepper to a small jar and shake until well combined
2. Lightly toast the walnuts in a large dry pan until lightly coloured and set aside
3. Put one tablespoon of olive oil in to the large pan over medium heat. Add the pears, cut side down
3. Sauté the pears until slightly caramelised but still firm. Remove the pears from the pan and keep warm
4. Finely slice the spinach and arrange with the rocket on a large serving plate. Place the warm pears and walnuts over the top and drizzle the dressing over the top.