This Rainbow Winter Vegetable Soup With Quinoa is just so damn colourful and healthy looking. Naturally gluten-free and vegan it also tastes amazing. It is bound to cheer up any dull winter day.
Allergy Information – Rainbow Winter Vegetable Soup With Quinoa
Rainbow Winter Vegetable Soup With Quinoa is gluten-free and vegan as well as… celery free, coconut free, garlic free, lupin free, mustard free, nightshade free*, onion free, peanut free, sesame free, soya free, tree nut free.
*For nightshade free leave out the chilli.
Top Tips – Rainbow Winter Vegetable Soup With Quinoa
So quick and easy to make. You don’t have to add quinoa but it really adds an extra dimension and, of course, more protein. I often have quinoa left overs – if you don’t have left overs you can follow the link to the Basics – Perfect Quinoa recipe.
Quinoa is one of my store cupboard essentials. I eat quinoa weekly, in one form or another. I adore it! Find out what else is on my regular shopping list with my FREE Store Cupboard Essentials Cheat Sheet. Get it now! Just click the button below, sign-up and download.
Recipe – Rainbow Winter Vegetable Soup With Quinoa
Preparation time 10
Cooking time 15 minutes
Ingredients – Rainbow Winter Vegetable Soup With Quinoa
0.25 large savoy cabbage (or 0.5 small cabbage)
0.25 red cabbage
2 medium carrots
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
0.25 teaspoon asafoetida
0.5 teaspoon chilli flakes (*leave out for nightshade free)
Tin of green lentils
1.25 litres vegetable stock
0.5 teaspoon sea salt
Juice of half a lemon
Basics – Perfect Quinoa
Method – Rainbow Winter Vegetable Soup With Quinoa
1. Remove the hard core from the savoy and red cabbage quarters and finely shred. Dice the carrots and courgettes in to one centimetre dice
2. Add the vegetable oil to a large pan and put the pan on a medium heat. Once hot add the asafoetida and stir and allow to cook for 30 seconds. Add the chilli flakes and stir well, cook for 30 seconds
3. Add all the vegetables to the pan and mix well. Allow the vegetables and lentils to sweat for a few minutes. Drain the lentils and add the lentils to the pan and stir well
4. Add the vegetable stock, stir well and bring the pan to a simmer. Cook for around 10 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. Add lemon juice
5. Place two tablespoons of warm quinoa in to each serving bowl and ladle the soup over the quinoa. Serve.
Leave a Reply