These Chocolate and Raspberry Goodness Muffins are a real gluten-free, vegan treat. Not everyday. No way. They are choc full of goodness: oats, almonds, polenta, raspberries… Chocolate… Great as a dessert but if you are out and about also great for a travelling breakfast (occasionally!).
If you like these Chocolate and Raspberry Goodness Muffins you will also LOVE Blueberry Polenta Muffins and Lemon Polenta Breakfast Muffins.
Allergy Information – Chocolate and Raspberry Goodness Muffins
Chocolate and Raspberry Goodness Muffins are gluten-free and vegan as well as… celery free, coconut free, garlic free, lupin free, mustard free, nightshade free, onion free, peanut free, sesame free, soya free.
Top Tips – Chocolate and Raspberry Goodness Muffins
You can use fresh or frozen raspberries. I use frozen raspberries when they are out of season. The muffins freeze well too.
Recipe – Chocolate and Raspberry Goodness Muffins
Serves 6-8 (makes around 9 large muffins)
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 35-40 minutes
Ingredients – Chocolate and Raspberry Goodness Muffins
100 grams sugar
100 grams baking margarine
100 grams gluten-free oats
2 teaspoons ground flaxseeds
4 tablespoons hot water
100 grams ground almonds
90 grams polenta
1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
100 grams unsweetened non-dairy yoghurt
200 grams raspberries
100 grams dark vegan chocolate (I used a really dark, bitter chocolate)
Method – Chocolate and Raspberry Goodness Muffins
1. Preheat oven to 160 C (fan)
2. In a mixing bowl cream together sugar and butter
3. In a small cup or bowl mix the flaxseed and hot water together. Add two tablespoons of the ground almonds and mix well until it thickens a bit more. Add this to butter/sugar and mix well
4. Stir in rest of almond meal, polenta, oats, baking powder, lemon rind and lemon juice until combined. Stir in yoghurt until well mixed
5. Gently mix in the chocolate and raspberries so they are evenly distributed
6. Add approximately two tablespoons of the mixture per muffin case and bake in the oven for approximately 45 minutes. Check the muffins after 35 minutes. A clean knife inserted into the muffins should come out clean
7. Remove from the oven when cooked and allow to cool before removing from the muffin tin
8. Serve a lovely cup of tea.
Leave a Reply