This Chocolate, Hazelnut and Raspberry Torte is amazing. Simple, effective and… no need to put the oven on. It is no bake! Of course, it is… gluten-free and vegan too. It is super decadent and super rich but sometimes you need a treat or maybe you need a special dessert for a special occasion (or a special person). If that is the case look no further.
I have been searching for a coconut free recipe for some time. Coconut is super fashionable but I can’t eat it. It is in everything, absolutely everything, at the moment. So I developed my own gorgeous recipe. As well as coconut free it is also soya free (if you use soya free margarine) and alcohol free.
This tart is really rich and very chocolatey… If you LOVE chocolate desserts you will LOVE the uber decadent Gluten-Free, Vegan Triple Chocolate Cake and super rich and gooey Uber Rich Chocolate and Strawberry Brownies.
Allergy Information – Chocolate, Hazelnut and Raspberry Torte
Chocolate, Hazelnut and Raspberry Torte is gluten-free and vegan and… celery free, coconut free, garlic free, lupin free, mustard free, nightshade free, onion free, peanut free, sesame free, soya free*.
*For soya free ensure the margarine is soya free.
Top Tips – Chocolate, Hazelnut and Raspberry Torte
I used a metal fluted tin 20-22 centimetres in diameter with a loose bottom – really useful for easily releasing the torte.
This is super rich so when you serve this unctuous delight you might want to cut quite thin slices. I like to serve it on it’s own (may be with a mint leaf or two) but it would be wonderful with lemon sorbet or vanilla ‘ice cream’.
Lots of ingredients in this recipe are some of my core store cupboard essentials. Nuts and plant milk are always incredibly useful to have on hand! Find out what else is on my regular shopping list with my FREE Store Cupboard Essentials Cheat Sheet. Get it now! Just click the button below, sign-up and download.
Recipe – Chocolate, Hazelnut and Raspberry Torte
Difficulty easy to medium
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 65 minutes (including chilling time)
Ingredients – Chocolate, Hazelnut and Raspberry Torte – Shell
100 grams roasted hazelnuts – ground in a food processor
100 grams ground almonds
30 grams cocoa powder
100 grams gluten-free, vegan, hard margarine (*ensure the margarine is soya free if required)
50 grams sugar
Ingredients – Chocolate, Hazelnut and Raspberry Torte – Filling
Ingredients – Filling
200 grams dark chocolate – around 70% cocoa solids
100 grams vegan, hard margarine
100 millilitres hazelnut milk
Punnet raspberries (150-200 grams)
Method – Chocolate, Hazelnut and Raspberry Torte – Shell
1. Grease the torte tin
2. In a small pan, on a low heat, melt the margarine and add the sugar. When the sugar has dissolved remove from the heat
3. Put the ground almonds, ground hazelnuts and cocoa in a large bowl and add the margarine and sugar mixture and mix well until it is a uniform mixture
4. Press the mixture in to the torte tin – making sure it is a even depth on the bottom and up the sides and smooth
5. Place in the fridge to set for at least 10 minutes whilst you make the filling.
Method – Chocolate, Hazelnut and Raspberry Torte – Filling
1. Break up the chocolate in to a metal or glass mixing bowl, add the margarine and hazelnut milk. Place a pan (narrower than the top of the bowl but wide enough for the bottom of the bowl to fit) with boiling water to a depth of around two centimetres on the hob on a low heat. Sit the mixing bowl in the pan. It should sit in the pan and not touch the water. This is very important
2. Slowly melt the chocolate stirring from time to time to incorporate the chocolate, margarine and hazelnut milk. Once the chocolate is fully melted and all the ingredients are fully incorporated remove from the heat
3. Take the torte case from the fridge and set on a flat surface. Fill the torte case with the chocolate mixture and gently shake or tap to level
4. Place the raspberries on the top of the torte in any pattern you like. Place in the fridge to set for at least an hour
5. When the torte has set remove the outer ring, cut in to slices and serve.