Uber Rich Chocolate and Strawberry Brownies are of course… gluten-free and vegan but also super easy, decadent and they are a universally adored treat. Filled with chocolate and sweet strawberries and topped with melted chocolate these brownies are divine.
Gooey brownies are great!!!
These brownies are very rich but if you would like to serve a, very fashionable, afternoon tea there are a few different options… How about individual Gluten-Free, Vegan Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecakes, slices of Gluten-Free, Vegan Triple Chocolate Cake and Lemon Polenta Breakfast Muffins. I think I would like to have an afternoon tea with all of those treats.
Allergy Information – Uber Rich Chocolate and Strawberry Brownies
Uber Rich Chocolate and Strawberry Brownies are gluten-free and vegan as well as… low FODMAP*, celery free, coconut free, garlic free, lupin free, mustard free, nightshade free, onion free, peanut free, sesame free, soya free.
*For low FODMAP, remember that grounds almonds are low FODMAP in servings of less than 24 grams. A low FODMAP serving of strawberries is up to 140 grams. Two of these brownies would be low FODMAP.
Top Tips – Uber Rich Chocolate and Strawberry Brownies
If you can get gluten-free oat flour you can use that. I find it easier to blitz gluten-free oats to a fine powder.
I use frozen strawberries. Great value and they work perfectly in the brownies. If you struggle to find frozen strawberries, you can get them as part of a frozen smoothie mix. The one I bought was 70% strawberries!
Almost any non-dairy milk works in the brownies. I like almond and soya milk. Check the non-dairy milk you choose works with any dietary restrictions or allergies.
To check the brownies are cooked place a skewer or sharp knife into the brownies at the sides and middle. The sides should come out (almost) clean and the centre slightly gooey. Make sure you are not sticking the skewer into melted chocolate!
I almost always melt chocolate in the microwave, it’s quicker, easier and creates less mess and washing up. Just be very careful not to burn it. I usually turn the power right down to 450 W and take my time.
If you don’t want to use frozen strawberries… You can find out exactly when the strawberries for these unctuous brownies are in-season in the UK by checking out my FREE Seasonal Produce Posters. There are two posters you can save and/ or print to use as quick reference guides for UK Seasonal Produce. Click the button below to sign-up and download.
Recipe – Uber Rich Chocolate and Strawberry Brownies
Serves makes around 16 brownies
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 30 minutes
Ingredients – Uber Rich Chocolate and Strawberry Brownies
90 grams gluten-free oats (or gluten-free oat flour)
70 grams ground almonds
100 grams sugar
40 grams cocoa powder
2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
2 tablespoons corn flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
0.5 teaspoon sea salt
165 grams gluten-free, vegan dark chocolate
250 grams frozen strawberries
200 millilitres non-dairy milk
3 tablespoons rapeseed oil (or any other unflavoured oil)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Method – Uber Rich Chocolate and Strawberry Brownies
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C (fan). Grease a loose bottomed tin 20-22 centimetres square
2. Place the gluten-free oats in a food processor and blitz until a fine powder
3. Place the all the dry ingredients (except the chocolate and strawberries) in a large mixing bowl
4. Take 100 grams of the chocolate and chop into small chunks. Add to the mixing bowl
5. Roughly chop the frozen strawberries and add to the mixing bowl
6. Mix the non-dairy milk, rapeseed oil and vanilla extract in a jug and pour over the dry ingredients. Mix really well. Make sure the mixture is well mixed and there are no dry bits
7. Scrape into the greased tin and bake for approximately 30 minutes until the centre is slightly gooey (check the brownies after 25 minutes). Once cooked remove the brownies from the oven, run a knife around the outside of the brownies (to make sure they have not stuck to the sides) and allow to cool completely before removing from the tin
8. Take the remainder of the chocolate (65 grams) and melt in the microwave (or on a double boiler). Once melted drizzle over the top of the brownies. Allow the chocolate to set before cutting into 16 brownies
9. Serve!!! As a pudding or as a treat with a cup of coffee (or tea!).