Gluten-Free, Vegan Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake is lovely! Just lovely. Light, fresh, delicious and dreamy without a hint of cheese or coconut. I use frozen blueberries out of season. Frozen makes more sense sustainably and environmentally and we have such a short blueberry season in the UK.
A great main to serve with Gluten-Free, Vegan Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake is Beetroot and Millet Mega-Salad. Or how about one of my favourite salads, Porcini and Cavolo Nero Lasagne for something a little more substantial?
Allergy Information – Gluten-Free, Vegan Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake
Gluten-Free, Vegan Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake is gluten-free and vegan as well as… celery free, coconut free, garlic free, lupin free, mustard free, nightshade free, onion free, peanut free, sesame free, soya free.
Top Tips – Gluten-Free, Vegan Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake
You can use one large tart-tin (20-22 cm) or six small tart cases if you want to make individual cheesecakes.
You will need one large tin 20-22 centimetres in diameter. Or six small tins that are approximately 8-10 centimetres in diameter.
Tart-tin(s) with a removable base are essential.
If blueberries aren’t in season, you can use fresh instead of frozen.
FREE For You! A Whole Set Of Uber-Cool, Retro Recipe Cards For An Indulgent Italian Weekend
This recipe is just one of a whole set of recipes in my FREE uber-cool, retro Indulgent Italian Weekend Recipe Cards. There is a whole Indulgent, Italian Weekend of recipes in the set. All totally gluten-free and vegan (and allium-free and coconut-free!). Download and print the whole set for FREE. Just click the button below to sign-up.
Recipe – Gluten-Free, Vegan Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake
Preparation time 15 minutes (excluding soaking cashews and set time)
Cooking time 0 minutes
Ingredients – Gluten-Free, Vegan Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake Crust
180 grams whole almonds
100 grams pitted dried dates (roughly chopped)
1 tablespoon water (as required – may need more or less)
Ingredients – Gluten-Free, Vegan Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake – Filling
225 grams whole cashew nuts
Juice and zest of two lemons
60 grams gluten-free, vegan margarine
100 grams frozen blueberries
Ingredients – Gluten-Free, Vegan Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake
1. Soak the cashew nuts in cold water for at least four hours – overnight in the fridge is fine. Drain, rinse and set aside. Grease a tart or cake tin with a removable bottom
2. For the crust place the whole almonds and dates in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped and crumbly. The mixture should stick together when compressed. Add a tablespoon of water if it doesn’t stick and blend again. Repeat as necessary
3. Press the crust mixture into the base of the cake tin. Make sure the base is evenly covered. Set aside
4. In the food processor add the drained cashews, lemon zest and juice and margarine. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour the mixture onto the crust. Spread evenly and smooth the top
5. Put the cheesecake in the fridge for one to two hours until firm. Once firm top with blueberries
6. Cut into slices and serve.