Gluten-Free, Vegan Blueberry Scones!!! These scones not only look amazing, they taste amazing too. One of my go-to summer treats. Sitting in the garden on a sunny Saturday afternoon with scones, vegan cream and a cup of tea – all totally gluten-free and vegan. Spoil yourself.
If you want to go for a full on afternoon tea you could also serve traditional scones, Gluten-Free, Vegan Triple Chocolate Cake (one of my all-time favourite cakes) and (or!) Parsnip Loaf Cake With Orange Frosting (just delicious) and maybe… Irish Tea Brack. You can really indulge yourself with all these amazing gluten-free, vegan cakes!
Allergy Information – Gluten-Free, Vegan Blueberry Scones
Gluten-Free, Vegan Blueberry Scones are gluten-free and vegan as well as… low FODMAP, celery free, coconut free, garlic free, lupin free, mustard free, nightshade free, onion free, peanut free, sesame free, soya free.
Top Tips – Gluten-Free, Vegan Blueberry Scones
To bake the scones, I use a large flat baking sheet. It allows the scones to cook evenly.
I like to make one large scone and slice it – you can make individual scones too.
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries – both work really well.
I add a relatively small amount of sugar to the scone recipe. The blueberries are sweet, I don’t think you need much sugar in the scones. If you really want sweet scones you can add a further 20 grams of sugar with the flours.
Store in an airtight container, in the pantry or refrigerated, for 2 days. Scones are at their best straight away whilst they are fresh. One cooled the scones freeze well.
Gluten-free flours and non-dairy milk are just two of my core store cupboard essentials. All are essential for cooking and baking. Find out what else is on my regular shopping list with my FREE Store Cupboard Essentials Cheat Sheet. Get it now! Just click the button below, sign-up and download.
Recipe – Gluten-Free, Vegan Blueberry Scones
Serves makes around 8 scones or one large scone
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
Ingredients – Gluten-Free, Vegan Blueberry Scones
180 grams gluten-free self-raising flour
40 grams rice flour
25 grams ground almonds
30 grams sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
0.25 teaspoon sea salt flakes
60 millilitres unsweetened vegan yogurt
200 millilitres plant milk (you may need a little less)
150 grams fresh or frozen blueberries
Method – Gluten-Free, Vegan Blueberry Scones
1. Preheat oven to 200 C (fan) and lightly dust a large flat baking sheet with gluten-free flour
2. Place the flours, ground almonds, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl and mix well. Add the bluberries and mix gently, make a well in the centre. Add the yoghurt and half the non-dairy milk and mix. Keep adding a little more non-dairy milk at a time until the dough comes together (you may need less than 200 millilitres)
3. Place a sheet of grease-proof paper (or silicone sheet) onto a baking sheet and turn the dough out onto the grease-proof paper. Gently pat the dough together into a cohesive round shape approximately three centimetres deep. Place the baking sheet in the oven
4. Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, until risen and golden and a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean
5. Remove from the oven. (If you’re making one large scone – whilst still hot slice the scone into eight.) Leave to cool on the baking sheet
6. Serve with vegan spread and jam (and/ or vegan cream).