This gluten free vegan Pear Frangipane Tart smells amazing with the slightly bitter almonds and the sweet pears. It also tastes amazing and is super easy to make too.
You can use a Gluten Free, Vegan Shortcrust Pastry tart case or Sweet Almond Tart Crust – whichever you prefer. Both are fabulous.
Allergy Information – Pear Frangipane Tart
Pear Frangipane Tart is gluten-free and vegan and… celery free, coconut free, garlic free, lupin free, mustard free, nightshade free, onion free, peanut free, sesame free, soya free*.
*For soya free, check the ingredients of the margarine.
Top Tips – Pear Frangipane Tart
Roll out the pastry between two sheets of clingfilm and use the clingfilm to help manage the dough into the tart tin. Using the clingfilm prevents sticking and makes the dough much easier to manage.
Recipe – Pear Frangipane Tart
Preparation time 20 mins
Cooking time 50 mins
Ingredients – Pear Frangipane Tart
1 pre-baked sweet Gluten Free, Vegan Shortcrust Pastry tart case or Sweet Almond Tart Crust (~28 cm diameter)
6 medium pears (I used some super ripe dessert pears – type unknown – from a friends tree)
150 grams gluten-free, vegan margarine (*check ingredients for soya free)
100 grams sugar
100 grams ground almonds
0.5 tablespoons of ground flax seeds
2 tablespoons cornflour
160 ml almond milk
0.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon sliced almonds for decoration
Method – Pear Frangipane Tart
1. Preheat oven to 180 C (fan) or gas mark 4
2. Peel the pears. Slice into quarters length ways and remove the cores. Slice the pear quarters length ways into two
3. Place the margarine, sugar, ground almonds, flax seeds and corn flour and cinnamon in to the food processor and blend until mixed well
4. Switch on the processor and add the almond milk, almond extract and vanilla extract and blend lightly. You will have a smooth batter
5. Fill the pre-baked tart case with the almond mixture and lay the pear slices on top in a fan pattern (thin ends of the slices to the centre). Decorate with sliced almonds
6. Bake for approximately 50 minutes until golden and cooked through. Allow to cool before slicing and serving
7. Serve as it comes or with gluten free vegan custard or cream.
Can this be frozen?
I haven’t tried freezing it, I think it might go a little soggy but it wouldn’t affect the flavour.
Let me know how it turns out if you do freeze it.