Quick and Easy Chocolate Orange Truffles make a perfect gluten-free, vegan gift or after dinner treat. I love these truffles with coffee after dinner or as a little treat when you need a break from your hard working day. They are rich and decadent so it’s hard to eat too many!
You can serve these as part of a gluten-free, vegan buffet or after dinner with coffee. For buffet inspiration check out my Gluten Free Vegan Rosemary and Sea Salt Crackers, served with Christmas Cranberry and Pumpkin Chutney, you could make some mini Gluten Free, Vegan Quiche and not forgetting Sauerkraut that always disappears from my Christmas table.
Allergy Information – Quick and Easy Chocolate Orange Truffles
Quick and Easy Chocolate Orange Truffles are gluten-free and vegan and… celery free, coconut free, garlic free, lupin free, mustard free, nightshade free, nightshade free, onion free, peanut free, sesame free, soya free, tree nut free*.
*Do not use nuts for tree-nut-free.
Top Tips – Quick and Easy Chocolate Orange Truffles
Very quick, easy and cheap to make and – of course – delicious. As a variation you can add chopped nuts to the mix and/ or roll the finished truffles in chopped nuts. Hazelnuts are especially good.
You can make these with different types of liqueur or if you want to make the truffles alcohol free use 90 millilitres of cold coffee or tea.
Dried fruit, nuts and gram flour are some of my core store cupboard essentials. Always incredibly useful to have on hand! Find out what else is on my regular shopping list with my FREE Store Cupboard Essentials Cheat Sheet. Get it now! Just click the button below, sign-up and download.
Recipe – Quick and Easy Chocolate Orange Truffles
Serves lots – depends on how many you make
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 2 hours (including soaking and setting)
Ingredients – Quick and Easy Chocolate Orange Truffles
60 grams raisins
90 millilitres triple sec orange liqueur
90 grams firm vegan margarine
125 grams gram flour
50 millilitres agave syrup
75 grams good quality cocoa powder
3 tablespoons of chopped nuts* (optional leave out for tree nut free)
Method – Quick and Easy Chocolate Orange Truffles
1. Place the raisins in a small bowl and add the triple sec. Allow to soak for at least 30 minutes
2. Melt the margarine in a small pan and stir in the gram flour. Making a roux like mixture. Cook gently for two to three minutes
3. Add the agave syrup, raisins and triple sec and mix well. Remove from the heat
4. Set aside one tablespoon of cocoa powder and add the rest to the pan. Mix well until all the ingredients are incorporated and distributed evenly. Set the truffle mix aside to cool for at least 20 minutes
5. Place the truffle mixture in to a food processor and pulse until smooth and evenly textured
6. If you are adding nuts mix them in now. You can hold back a tablespoon of nuts to roll the truffles in also
7. To roll the truffles in cocoa or nuts place the remaining one tablespoon of cocoa or nuts in a small bowl. Take teaspoons of the truffle mixture and with wet hands roll quickly in to even shaped balls and roll in the cocoa or nuts to lightly dust. Place of a sheet of grease-proof paper
8. Place in the fridge to set for at least 30 minutes. Serve.