I’m a big fan of tarts and this gluten-Free, vegan Potato and Olive Tart is one of my favourite supper dishes. It’s super quick and easy and if you use ready-made pastry it’s even quicker and easier. This is delicious. I also love this cold for lunch the following day (if it lasts that long!).
Don’t be deceived by the simplicity of the method or ingredients, this is utterly delicious and perfect when you have busy, stressful days.
Allergy Information – Gluten-Free, Vegan Spanish Breakfast Tortilla
Potato and Olive Tart is gluten-free and vegan, as well as… celery free, coconut free, garlic free, lupin free, mustard free, onion free, peanut free, sesame free, soya free, tree nut free.
Top Tips – Potato and Olive Tart
Use an ‘all-round’ potato: one that is floury potato but will not fall apart. I used King Edwards.
For the olives, I prefer to buy Kalamata olives with the stones in a remove the stones myself (they taste so much better!).
Recipe – Potato and Olive Tart
Serves 4 – makes one large tart
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 25 minutes
Ingredients – Potato and Olive Tart
1 sheet ready made pastry or Gluten Free, Vegan Shortcrust Pastry (unsweetened)
400 grams (approx.3 small-medium) potatoes
60 grams (approx. 14 olives) Kalamata olives (stones in)
1 sprigs fresh thyme
0.5 teaspoon sea salt flakes
0.5 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Method – Potato and Olive Tart
1. Remove the ready-made pastry from the fridge or prepare the pastry according to the recipe and roll out to size
2. Preheat the oven to 200 C (fan)
3. Thinly slice the potatoes (three-four millimetres thick) and boil or steam for around eight minutes until just tender. Drain and leave to cool
4. Unroll the pastry on to a large flat baking sheet and with a sharp knife, score a one centimetre border around the edge (don’t go all the way through). Prick the pastry all over with a fork
5. Place the potatoes over the pastry (staying inside the border). Pull the thyme from the stalk and stone and roughly chop the olives. Scatter the thyme and olives over the potatoes. Sprinkle withe sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
6. Place in the oven for 25 minutes until the pastry and potatoes are golden.
7. Slice and serve.