This Crispy Roast Potato recipe is a go-to-works-every-time recipe. And it is so easy too. No goose fat or wheat flour here – just simple, fail-safe, delicious gluten free vegan Crispy Roast Potatoes.
You can use small potatoes and leave whole or cut the potatoes to the size you prefer.
Make sure you use floury potatoes (such as Maris Piper or King Edward)and bake on a large flat baking sheet to ensure maximum crispiness.
Allergy Information – Crispy Roast Potatoes
Crispy Roast Potatoes are gluten-free and vegan as well as… celery free, coconut free, garlic free, lupin free, mustard free, onion free, peanut free, sesame free, soya free, tree nut free.
Top Tips – Crispy Roast Potatoes
Left over potatoes will keep in the fridge for several days and heat up and crisp up in the oven great. You can also freeze the cooked potatoes.
Recipe – Crispy Roast Potatoes
Preparation time 5 mins
Cooking time 45 mins
Ingredients – Crispy Roast Potatoes
1.5 kilograms floury potatoes (e.g. Maris Piper or King Edward)
4 tablespoons sunflower oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
Method – Crispy Roast Potatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 210 C (fan) and place a large flat baking sheet in the oven to preheat
2. Place the potatoes in a pan and just cover with cold water. Add 1 teaspoon sea salt and bring to the boil
3. Reduce the heat and simmer the potatoes for approximately 20 minutes (depending upon the size) until just soft
4. Drain the potatoes and place back in the pan on a very low heat to evaporate any remaining water or moisture
5. Add the sunflower oil to the pan, put on the lid and shake to evenly distribute the oil and slightly break up the potatoes. This will add to the crispy texture
6. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place the potatoes on the hot baking sheet. Spread out so they are one layer and not touching each other
7. Place in the oven and roast. After around 15 minutes turn the potatoes. Bake for approximately 30 minutes in total until golden and crispy. Serve.