Grilled Nectarine Salad with Rocket and Walnuts is a gluten-free, vegan joy; both to look at and eat. The seasonal, grilled, nectarines should be just soft enough to yield to a fork and sweet and delicious with the vinaigrette dressing. The rocket and walnuts add a savoury, mustardy, edge to the sweetness of the nectarines. Eaten at dusk with a cook drink after a hard day at work – this is summer on a plate.
Super easy to make, Grilled Nectarine Salad with Rocket and Walnuts is ready in less than 20 minutes.
Grilled Nectarine Salad with Rocket and Walnuts is perfect for lunch, light dinner or as a starter for a special meal. Serve with Beetroot and Millet Mega-Salad.
Allergy Information – Grilled Nectarine Salad with Rocket and Walnuts
Grilled Nectarine Salad with Rocket and Walnuts is gluten-free and vegan as well as… celery free, coconut free, garlic free, lupin free, mustard free*, nightshade free, onion free, peanut free, sesame free, soya free, tree nut free*.
*To make Grilled Nectarine Salad with Rocket and Walnuts tree-nut free leave out the walnuts and use rapeseed oil in the vinaigrette.
*To make Grilled Nectarine Salad with Rocket and Walnuts mustard free dress the salad with oil and vinegar.
Top Tips –
You can use a griddle pan (or barbeque) to grill the nectarines and leave classic grill lines. But if you don’t have either of these to hand you can use a normal frying pan.
It is important to use ripe (but not too soft) nectarines in this dish. Too hard and the grilling will not bring out the best in the nectarines, too soft and the nectarines will fall apart.
Recipe – Grilled Nectarine Salad with Rocket and Walnuts
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 0 minutes
Ingredients – Grilled Nectarine Salad with Rocket and Walnuts
3 ripe nectarines
30 grams walnuts
150 grams rocket leaves
Ingredients – Grilled Nectarine Salad with Rocket and Walnuts – Vinaigrette
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
6 tablespoons walnut oil
0.5 teaspoon sea salt flakes
0.5 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Zest of half an orange and 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
Method – Grilled Nectarine Salad with Rocket and Walnuts
1. Slice the ripe nectarines in half and remove the stones. Cut each nectarine half in to three. Lightly coat the nectarine slices in vegetable oil and place cut side down in to a hot griddle pan, barbeque or frying pan. Allow to cook for two to three minutes before turning and cooking for a further two minutes on the other side. Remove from the pan
2. Gently toast the walnuts in a hot, dry pan. Once they start to colour and you smell the toasting remove from the pan and allow to cool
3. Place the rocket leaves in the bottom of a shallow salad dish and scatter the nectarine and walnuts over the rocket leaves
4. In a jar (with a well fitting lid) place the cider vinegar and Dijon mustard. Put the lid on the jar and shake really well. Allow to stand for a few minutes. Add the walnut oil, sea salt and black pepper and shake again until well mixed. Add the orange zest and juice and mix well
5. To serve, shake the vinaigrette and dress the salad.