Creamy Mushroom Soup is warming, rich, nutritious and delicious. It is gluten-free and vegan and full of earthy mushroom flavour – it makes you feel all warm inside. The kick of black pepper is prefect for cold, winter evenings.
This soup is warming, comforting and grounding. Perfect for lunch, dinner at home or on the move. The soup, when blended, becomes smooth, velvety and rich. It is heaven to eat.
You won’t believe how quick and easy Creamy Mushroom Soup is to prepare. It takes only 20 minutes from starting the soup to bowls of steaming goodness on the table.
Perfect for lunch or light dinner and great for a packed lunch. Serve with gluten-free, vegan croutons, Gluten-Free, Vegan Flatbread or as a starter to a main meal such as Rich Mushroom And Lentil Stew Over Creamy Mash.
Allergy Information – Creamy Mushroom Soup
The soup is gluten-free and vegan and… celery free, coconut free, garlic free, lupin free, nightshade free, onion free, peanut free, sesame free, soya free, tree nut free.
Top Tips – Creamy Mushroom Soup
You can use cornflour or arrowroot to thicken the soup. Both work well.
You can have a smooth or chunky soup, I like a smooth soup.
Blend using an immersion blender, jug blender or food processor. Whichever you prefer.
Use any type of mushroom you like. Lighter coloured mushrooms will produce a lighter coloured soup.
Want more fabulous soups gluten-free, vegan (and allium-free and coconut-free) soups? Download my FREE E Book: 10 Quick, Easy and Delicious Soups. Download the E Book for FREE now! Just click the button below, sign-up and download.
Recipe – Creamy Mushroom Soup
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
Ingredients – Creamy Mushroom Soup
1 tablespoon unflavoured vegetable oil (e.g. rapeseed oil)
1 teaspoon mustard powder
300 grams mushrooms
2 tablespoons cornflour (or arrowroot)
500 millilitres soya milk (or non-sweetened gfv milk of your choice)
2 teaspoons tamari
0.5 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Gluten-free, vegan croutons
Sea salt flakes
Method – Creamy Mushroom Soup
1. Put the oil in to a pan on a low heat
2. Remove the stalks of the mushrooms and finely chop, slice the mushroom caps and add to the pan. Stir well
3. Cover the pan and cook the mushrooms on a very low heat until they change texture and begin to give out moisture (usually around 5 minutes)
4. Add the cornflour and mustard powder and stir well. Cook for 1-2 mins. Add the soya milk, tamari and black pepper and stir well. Keep stirring as you bring to a simmer. Simmer on a very low heat for a further 5-10 minutes
5. If you would like a smooth soup, blend until smooth (I like to take out a few slices of mushroom to decorate before blending)
6. Check for seasoning and serve with gluten-free, vegan croutons, chopped parley and sea salt flakes.