These Lemon Polenta Breakfast Muffins are not too sweet, not too heavy and are made up of some fairly healthy ingredients. They make a wholesome gluten-free, vegan weekend breakfast with a delicious, smooth cup of coffee.
Allergy Information – Lemon Polenta Breakfast Muffins
You’ll be pleased to know that these Lemon Polenta Breakfast Muffins are gluten-free and vegan as well as… celery free, coconut free, garlic free, lupin free, mustard free, nightshade free, onion free, peanut free, sesame free, soya free, tree nut free.
Top Tips – Lemon Polenta Breakfast Muffins
I bake these muffins in a silicone muffin ‘tin’ without cases. This is a personal preference to reduce waste. If you are serving them to guests feel free to bake them in paper muffin cases.
Recipe – Lemon Polenta Breakfast Muffins
Serves 6-8 (makes approximately 9 large muffins)
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 45 minutes
Ingredients – Lemon Polenta Breakfast Muffins
100 grams sugar
100 grams baking margarine
100 grams gluten-free oats
2 teaspoons ground flax seeds
4 tablespoons hot water
100 grams ground almonds
90 grams polenta
1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
100 millilitres unsweetened non-dairy yogurt
Method – Lemon Polenta Breakfast Muffins
1. Preheat oven to 160 C (fan)
2. In a mixing bowl cream together sugar and butter
3. Mix the flaxseed and hot water together in a small cup or bowl. Add two tablespoons of the ground almonds and mix well until it thickens a bit more. Add this to butter/sugar and mix well
4. Stir in rest of almond meal, polenta, oats, baking powder, lemon rind and lemon juice until combined. Stir in yogurt until well mixed
5. Add two tablespoons of the mixture per muffin case and bake in the oven for approximately 45 minutes. Check the muffins after 35 minutes. A clean knife inserted into the muffins should come out clean
6. Remove from the oven when cooked and allow to cool before removing from the muffin tin
7. Serve with a spoon of yogurt and some smooth coffee.