Gluten-free, Vegan Nectarine and Raspberry Trifle Pots are a very indulgent, seasonal, super easy treat. Nectarines and raspberries are fantastic through the summer. Let’s make the most of them!
This is a super-easy dessert to pull together. Relying heavily on gluten-free, vegan jelly crystals and ready made custard. All you have to do is chop the fruit and make the gluten-free, vegan cream. And, in all honesty, who cares. Nectarine and Raspberry Trifle Pots look and taste amazing.
I’m a huge fan of seasonal fruit (and not flying fruit half-way around the world!) but sometimes fruit ‘as-is’ isn’t enough – you need a bit more substance or a fancy summer dessert. These super cute Nectarine and Raspberry Trifle Pots are the perfect way to end a summer meal. Indulgent, delicious and cute as hell!!!
If you like summer fruit and it’s just not quite ripe enough to eat you will love Grilled Summer Fruits. Or if you’re on a fruit roll how about Blueberry Polenta Muffins and Banana, Lemon, Blueberry and Oat Smoothie. Both fabulous for different ways.
Allergy Information – Nectarine and Raspberry Trifle Pots
Nectarine and Raspberry Trifle Pots are gluten-free and vegan as well as… celery free, coconut free, garlic free, lupin free, mustard free, nightshade free, onion free, peanut free, sesame free, soya free, tree nut free.
Top Tips – Nectarine and Raspberry Trifle Pots
The fact you can buy ready made gluten-free, vegan custard and packets of gluten-free, vegan jelly make this dessert so easy to pull together. There are a number of varieties of gluten-free, vegan jelly on the market you can just add boiling water to. You can also make jelly from agar-agar too.
Frozen raspberries are perfect for Nectarine and Raspberry Trifle Pots. If raspberries are in season go for fresh. Both work well.
You can find out exactly when raspberries and necarines are in-season in the UK by checking out my FREE Seasonal Produce Posters. There are two posters you can save and/ or print to use as quick reference guides for UK Seasonal Produce. Click the button below to sign-up and download.
Recipe – Nectarine and Raspberry Trifle Pots
Preparation time 15 minutes (excluding setting time)
Cooking time 0 minutes
Ingredients – Nectarine and Raspberry Trifle Pots – Fruit
200 grams fresh (or frozen) raspberries
Ingredients – Nectarine and Raspberry Trifle Pots – Jelly
1 packet gluten-free, vegan jelly
Ingredients – Nectarine and Raspberry Trifle Pots – Vegan Cream
1.5 tablespoons cornflour
125 millilitres non-dairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon sugar (optional or sweetener of your choice)
60 grams margarine
2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
Method – Nectarine and Raspberry Trifle Pots – Fruit
1. Slice the nectarines in half and remove the stones. Chop the nectarines into small, bite-size chunks
2. Evenly distribute around half the nectarines and raspberries into the bottom of the trifle pot serving bowls. Keep the rest of the nectarines and raspberries to one side.
Method – Nectarine and Raspberry Trifle Pots – Jelly
1. Make up the gluten-free, vegan jelly according to the instructions
2. Carefully pour the jelly over the fruit in the serving bowls. Make sure to share the jelly evenly between the pots
3. Mix the fruit a little to make sure there are no air bubbles and place the pots in the fridge to set.
Method – Nectarine and Raspberry Trifle Pots – Vegan Cream
1. Make the cream filling whilst the jelly is setting. Add the cornflour to a small pan and add the non-dairy milk slowly to slake the cornflour. Mix well to ensure there are no lumps. Add the vanilla extract and sugar (if using) and place on a medium heat. Stir gently and constantly until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and cool quickly by placing the bottom of the pan in a bowl of cold water
2. Place the margarine in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth and soft. Slowly add the cornflour mixture a little at a time and beat until you have a rich, smooth, creamy consistency. If it seems a too thick add a little more non-dairy milk. Chill until required.
Method – Nectarine and Raspberry Trifle Pots – Assembly
1. Once the jelly has set remove the pots from the fridge and add the gluten-free, vegan custard (distribute evenly across the pots)
2. Top the custard with the remaining nectarines and raspberries (keep a few raspberries to decorate the top of each trifle pot)
3. Pipe the vegan cream on top of the custard (or carefully spoon) and top with a raspberry
4. Serve immediately or chill for a few hours.