If you’re following the Low FODMAP diet (and vegan gluten-free), thinking up ideas for what you can eat for dinner or lunch can be a challenge. It’s all new and seems very restrictive. Well, here’s a whole week of ideas for you: Seven, Easy, Low FODMAP Dinner Ideas to make your (GF + vegan) low FODMAP life easier.
Seven Easy Low FODMAP Dinner Ideas
Here’s seven of my favourite, no-nonsense gluten-free, vegan and low FODMAP dinner recipes. All of them easy and delicious made from easy-to-get-hold-of ingredients (without lots of expensive equipment)…
Want a Quick Reference to My Seven, Easy, Low FODMAP Dinner Ideas
Here’s the quick reference list:
1. Herby Courgette Spaghetti with Walnut Pesto
2. Ratatouille (serve with delicious Perfect Quinoa)
3. Ma Po Tofu
4. Spicy, Grilled Green Bean and Potato Salad
5. Parsnip and Walnut Soup with Walnut Pesto
6. Asian Slaw with Cumin Aioli
7. Tofu and Green Peppers in Black Bean Sauce
Here’s the Full List of Seven, Easy, Low FODMAP Dinner Ideas with Photos
Here’s all Seven, Easy, Low FODMAP Dinner Ideas with photos. Click on the photos or the link to go to the recipes.
1. Herby Courgette Spaghetti with Walnut Pesto is very quick and easy to make and is a really wonderful summer dish. I love this with a green, herby salad.
2. One of my favourite comforting dinners is Ratatouille (served with delicious Perfect Quinoa). It’s also darned good served with brown rice. Ratatouille is filling, warming, comforting and nutritious.
3. If you love tofu as much as I do (and a bit of spice!) you will love Ma Po Tofu. I could eat this every day with a bowl of simple plain rice.
4. I do love a warm salad and Spicy, Grilled Green Bean and Potato Salad hits the spot. Great for cool summers, Sunday lunches or anytime.
5. Parsnip and Walnut Soup with Walnut Pesto is a fabulous, filling, nutritious soup that will fill you with joy. I love this soup.
6. Sometimes you just want a light, tasty, filling salad for dinner. Asian Slaw with Cumin Aioli is perfect. Massive on flavour and huge on crunch I could eat this for dinner several times a week. Sprinkle with seeds to add a bit of pizzaz!!!
7. I have to end the list with another tofu dish. Before I had to stop eating gluten Tofu and Green Peppers in Black Bean Sauce was my favourite take-away dish from my favourite Chinese restaurant. I adored it. I missed it. So I make my own now. One of my all-time favourite dishes.
Want to Know More About the Low FODMAP Diet?
A low FODMAP diet is very difficult to do on your own and it’s more challenging to do a Gluten-Free and Vegan and Low FODMAP diet. It involves cutting out significant food groups and it is difficult to understand at first. In the UK you are advised to only do this under the direction of a dietitian.
FODMAP stands for
- F Fermentable
- O Oligo-saccharides (fructans and galacto-oligosaccharides)
- D Di-saccharides (lactose)
- M Mono-saccharides (fructose)
- A And
- P Polyols (sugar alcohols)
In really simple terms FODMAPs are fermentable carbohydrates.
If you want to know more check out these blog posts for more info on a (GF + vegan) low FODMAP diet:
If you think a low FODMAP diet might be helpful for you, talk to your GP or medic who can refer you to a dietitian who can work with you to get this right.
How Do I find A List of Low and High FODMAP Foods
If you are doing the low FODMAP diet under medical supervision and want more info there are lots of resources to help you on a low FODMAP diet. I’ve also produced a handy cheat-sheet with a quick reference to high and low FODMAP foods to help you.
Low FODMAP is relatively new and foods that are low or high FODMAP are still being identified to the available lists are not comprehensive at all. Low FODMAP is a work in progress…
Are you low FODMAP? What was your journey to low FODMAP? What are you fave dinners? Drop a comment below or ping me on social media! 🙂
***GET YOUR GLUTEN-FREE AND VEGAN AND LOW FODMAP CHEAT SHEET BY CLICKING HERE***